Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hooray for 4e!

A little while ago I blog-complained that my rpg group was stagnating. Some were defecting to only videogames, while others were getting bored/frustrated with d20modern.

Yesterday we had an amazing thing happen. Our regular DM, Mark, busted out his old D&D minis and maps... and we had a hilarious 3.5 edition session of Dungeons and Dragons.

Then, another amazing thing happened. One of the NPCs shouted, "What is that terrible odor?" and I sarcastically made a "smell" check. This ended up being a perfect segway to explaining how the perception skill replaces the spot, search, and listen skill in 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons.

Long story short, next week I'll be Dungeon Mastering a 4e campaign with my group! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment